Websites to Help You
There are lots of websites that you can use to look up train times and book tickets. Some have other features that allow you to look for the cheapest fares. A particularly useful site is: The Train Line this site has features such as best fare finder. You will need to register with the site to get the most benefits.
Transport Secrets are the name we are giving to things you can do to get from Westbury-on-Trym to places for surprisingly low cost.
Here is a couple of examples that you can try using The Train Line website.
To find the Cheapest Fare to London Paddington.
- Log in
- Click on tools and apps
- Click on Best Fare Finder
- Select From
- Select To
- Enter the dates you would like to travel
- Click Find Cheap Tickets
- You can now select earlier or later days.
- The further ahead you choose the cheaper the fares get.
- Clicking on a price allows you to see which trains are available at that price.
- You can now book your tickets.
- If your tickets are available you will need to choose how many you want.
- You will now be redirected to the main page for purchasing tickets.
- If you wanted to go from Sea Mills rather than Temple Meads you can now change your journey so that you depart from Sea Mills. If there is a suitable connection you will be able to travel from Sea Mills at the same price.
- Book your ticket.
It is possible to get from Sea Mills to for example Orpington Via London Waterloo for £13.50.
To do this you need to be looking to book almost 12 weeks in advance. Use the The Train Line site and see what happens when you search for a train from Sea Mills to Orpington leaving Sea Mills at about 12:00 and returning from Orpington at about 11:30.